First Consult is a point-of-care tool, which comes with the Biomedical Library’s subscription of ClinicalKey. Students, physicians, and residents may use First Consult on their iPhone/iPad. First Consult has over 800 topics. The following are the steps for downloading the First Consult App and registering for an individual account to use the App. (You will first need to create a ClinicalKey account - see below.)
- Open the App Store icon on your iPhone/iPad
- Search for “First Consult”
- Click “Free” then “Install App”
- Three options will appear – choose option 1: “I use FirstConsult and know my username”
- Enter your ClinicalKey username and password and start using the First Consult App!
To create a ClinicalKey account in 5 easy steps:
- To sign up for an account, visit ClinicalKey or from the Biomedical Library Resources page click the “Register" link in the top right. On mobile devices, the “Register” link will appear after clicking the icon figure in the top right corner of the screen.
- Enter required data – your email address will be your username.
- Confirm your password by re-entering it.
- Congratulations! You’ve created a new personal account!
Return to Table of Contents